DRIED FRUIT CONFECTIONERY
- 100 g dried organic apricots
- 100 g pitted dates
- 100 g desiccated coconut (I use coarse rather than fine)
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
- 25 g cocoa powder, organic/fair-trade
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil (I use 2 tbsp - if solid, place the jar in a bowl of hot water before use)
- desiccated coconut or cocoa powder for coating
- Soak the apricots and dates in water for 30 minutes
- Drain the fruits and place in a food processor along with the desiccated coconut and blend for about 30 seconds
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well in the food processor
- Take a small portion of the mixture, mould it into small balls and roll them in desiccated coconut or cocoa powder
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container and serve straight from the fridge
- I have made these with 50 g almonds and 50 g desiccated coconut. I soaked the almonds with the fruits and then I added 2 walnuts in the food processor. The confectionery tasted really good. Some of it I rolled in desiccated coconut and some I did not coat.
- Sometimes I skip rolling the confectionery in desiccated coconut/cocoa powder. Instead I melt organic chocolate (in a bowl over low heat) and dip the confectionery into the chocolate, either completely or partially. I let it sit on parchment paper before refrigerating.